Your support means a lot to the women in our community. The Centre relies on financial donations to fund its services.Donations are among some of the most meaningful contributions one can offer.
Donate online or download the mail-in form.
Follow us! Check us out and join our community of supporters.
You must have Adobe Acrobat reader to open the PDF files on this site. This is a free program available from the Adobe website.
Women using the Centre are from all walks of life, economic situations, ethno-racial backgrounds and ages. They come from every continent of the world. Many are dealing with violence, poverty, isolation and other health issues. Our programs and services both help to prevent women from becoming victims, and create the skill and compassion to assist them to become thriving, life long survivors.
Women come to the Centre because they are motivated to change; the drive for change comes from within. Women are encouraged to develop goals for themselves, to equip themselves with the tools to achieve those goals, and are supported through the process.
The Centre serves approximately 3500 women a year.
About the diverse women using the Centre
Information requested by women in our Information and Referral Program
- 76% of participants are between ages 30 & 60;
- 23% speak or read at least one other language besides English;
- 65% of participants have at least one child;
- 42% of women are using TTC to attend programs at the Centre;
- 87% of participants have a household income of less that $60,000;
- 53% of women at SWC are not currently employed; and
- 31% of those women are currently receiving social assistance/EI/ODSP
- 50% Employment, education, training and volunteer opportunities
- 20% Emotional health
- 10% Woman Abuse
- 7% Practical Supports
- 3% Legal issues
- 10% Other issues (e.g. children, settlement, seniors)
- 775 women attended courses & workshops in 2009-2010
- 82% of participants paid no fee for their Educational Program
- 279 women participated in our Growing Healthy Togetherworkshopson woman abuse for pregnant, at-risk women, in 2009-2010.
- 42 women attended 5 workshops in our Expanding the Reach: Outreach to Women With Disabilities workshops (in partnership with Springtide Resources & Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre) in 2009-2010.
- 33 women attended 3 workshops in our Building Strong Futures: Outreach to Young Women program in 2009-2010.
352 women used the Support Programs;
- 339 women used the Counselling service; and
- 13 women had mentoring/tutoring matches.
back | top of page
About Us |
Programs & Services |
© Scarborough Women's Centre
2100 Ellesmere Road., Suite 245
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1H 3B7
Charity No. 10795-9660-RR0001