Women using the Centre are dealing with abuse, poverty, and isolation. With your help, they will receive confidential counselling, participate in programs designed to increase their self-esteem and get back into the workforce.
Without us, our clients would either have to address their problems on their own or go on 6-12 month waiting lists at other organizations. See Our Impact page for the amount of social good we are doing in Scarborough.
We are efficient. 85% of donations go towards programming for women. Volunteers contribute their time equivalent to $110,000 each year.
While we are grateful to receive funding comes from the Province of Ontario and the City of Toronto, approximately 50% of our expenses are covered by the generosity of foundations, corporations, groups, and individuals.
See the difference you can make.
A single donation of:
- $50 – 1 woman will participate in a 2 week Building Self-Esteem course
- $100 – 1 woman will participate in a weekend workshop on Finding your life purpose
- $150 – 1 volunteer will be trained as a one-to-one mentor for women in transition
- $500 – provides 1 woman with counselling support for three months
- $1000 – provides a workshop for 15 women on Women’s Health issues
You can also make a secure on-line Monthly donation
Visit here to set up
A monthly donation of:
- $50 monthly donation – $600/year – 4 volunteer mentors will be trained
- $35 monthly donation – $420/year – 10 weeks of counselling for a woman in transition
- $25 monthly donation – $300/year – 6 women will participate in an Assertiveness course
Charity # 10795-9660RR0001. Please make a secure online donation through CanadaHelps or you can donate directly by cheque or credit card, sent to Scarborough Women’s Centre. If you donate directly, CRA requires that you include the following information: Your name, full address, contact info, and amount donated.
I Felt So Special on My Wedding Day…
Sam told me that he loved me so much, that he couldn’t bear for anyone else to look at me. He loved me so much that he didn’t want me to take a job, so that I would be home whenever he phoned. He loved me so much that he wanted me to stop calling my family and friends, because they took away from our time together.
I didn’t recognize the signs.
The day came that he loved me so much that he had to hit me to blow the steam off; that he loved me so much that he locked me in the house because he knew I was afraid of him and wanted to flee.
Because of Scarborough Women’s Centre, I have received the tools, support and confidence to put the past behind me. I have a new career, my kids are doing well in school, and we’re planning to take our first vacation this year! Thank you for your support in making that possible!