Join our Board and one of the following committees: Fundraising, Strategic Planning, Finance, Grants Review, Communications or Governance. The Board meets monthly from 6:30-9pm on Wednesday evening. Board members serve a maximum of two 3-year terms. With committee work, most Board members contribute 10-15 hours/month.
This flyer SWC Board Recruitment July 2021 has more information about what’s involved. If you would like to express your interest, here is the process:
- E-mail a letter of interest and attach your resume attention of Lynda Kosowan, Executive Director at email@example.com
- Short-listed applications will be invited to attend an interview with the Nominations Committee. Priority will be given to residents of Toronto (especially Toronto East)
- Your references will be contacted, with your permission.
- The Board reviews candidates for recommendation to the membership at the AGM
- The members elect new Board members at the AGM in September
Members of the community and members of the Centre are also welcome to participate in committees of the Board – these include Communications, Finance, Fundraising, and Strategic Planning. Most committees meet every 4-6 weeks on a week-day evening. The process for joining a committee is similar to the Board process above. Please contact Lynda Kosowan, Executive Director to express your interest. Please include your resume firstname.lastname@example.org