Join our Board and one of the following committees: Fundraising, Strategic Planning, Finance, Grants Review, Communications or Governance. The Board meets monthly from 6:30-9pm on Wednesday evening. Board members serve a maximum of two 3-year terms. With committee work, most Board members contribute 10-15 hours/month.
This flyer SWC Board Recruitment 2020 has more information about what’s involved. We have not updated the flyer for 2021 yet as we determine whether there are vacancies to be filled. If you would like to express your interest, here is the process:
- E-mail a letter of interest and attach your resume attention of Lynda Kosowan, Executive Director at email@example.com
- Short-listed applications will be invited to attend an interview with the Nominations Committee.
- Your references will be contacted, with your permission.
- The Board reviews candidates for recommendation to the membership at the AGM
- The members elect new Board members at the AGM in September
Members of the community and members of the Centre are also welcome to participate in committees of the Board – these include Communications, Finance, Fundraising, and Strategic Planning. Most committees meet every 4-6 weeks on a week-day evening. The process for joining a committee is similar to the Board process above. Please contact Lynda Kosowan, Executive Director to express your interest. Please include your resume firstname.lastname@example.org