Join us! Our unique resource centre, located in the high-need, under-served community of Scarborough, provides information, education and support to women. We help women transition from abuse, isolation and poverty to economic and emotional independence.
Host workshops/moderate webinars.
Make sure the registration and delivery of our educational workshops goes smoothly. Create a welcoming and safe environment for participants. Assist the workshop facilitator to set up materials. We also offer webinars on the Webex event platform, and are looking for volunteers comfortable with computer skills to moderate them and support the facilitator.
One to one volunteering: Please note that mentors and tutors will next be trained in Early 2022.
If you would like to send your application to email@example.com we will get back to you in Early Winter 2022. Or you may want to seek other opportunities through Charity Village or Volunteer Toronto.
Literacy/English Conversation Tutor
Provide one-on-one mentoring and support to an individual woman looking to improve her literacy and/or English conversation skills. The commitment is for regular meetings over 6-12 months and to work on specific learning goals the woman has requested. See description.
Provide one-on-one mentoring and support to an individual woman going through a transition in her life (e.g. leaving an abusive situation, divorce, relocation to a new area, job loss, etc). The commitment is for regular meetings over 6-12 months and to work on specific learning goals the woman has requested.
Here is a flyer which describes the Direct service volunteer opportunities
How to Volunteer:
- Complete a Direct service volunteer application form (pdf).
- For greater accessibility, this is a Word version of the Direct volunteer-application-form (word)
- Send by email or mail or fax to the Coordinator of Volunteers
- You will be contacted by the Coordinator of Volunteers to arrange a 1 hour interview. (Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted)
- Your 2 references will be checked. References can be individuals you know personally or through business.
- You will be asked to get a police reference check.
- 21 hours of training to understand women’s issues and provide you with the skills to build a successful relationship with our clients. Training will be offered in early 2022 on Mondays from 6:30-9:30 pm for 5-6 weeks. The suggested fee for this training is $35 (volunteers of limited income are welcome to request a subsidy)